[BlueOnyx:22026] Re: nginx issue (another one)

Maurice de Laat mdlaat at muisnetwerken.nl
Wed May 9 06:39:00 -05 2018

Hi Michael,

On 06-05-18 23:55, Michael Stauber wrote:
> With Apache we only have the first two options: Entirely off or globally
> on. Which is less ideal if you have Vsites that still don't have an SSL
> certificate. Nginx gives us more flexibility there.
>
>> That was going to be my next problem to fix: in my apache logfiles I
>> don't see the actual ip, but only the server ip.
> Like said: That should not happen. In the "location / { ... }" block in
> each /etc/nginx/vsites/site* file we use proxy_set_headers to make sure
> the clients IP is passed on to Nginx.

Restarted Apache & nginx, yum updated. Indeed the vsite configuration
for nginx is newly being written on a disable & enable nginx, but the
behaviour is the same: Apache does not receive the ipaddress of the
visitor, but the ipaddres of nginx.

The vhosts configuration of nginx contain these lines:
       proxy_set_header     Host $host;
       proxy_set_header     X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
       proxy_set_header     X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;

But Apache is not picking this up. It is my understanding that Apache
should be told this by the RemoteIPHeader directive. But I can not find
this directive in any Apache configuration file.

How can I debug this?

Kind regards
Maurice