[BlueOnyx:22040] Re: Login / email service bug

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri May 11 14:57:35 -05 2018

Hi Chris,

> We've seen a bug crop up in the past couple of days with various flavors
> of BlueOnyx whereby GUI logins will fail, SMTP shuts down, and there can
> be some random authentication errors as well.
>
> The FASTEST restore path is to simply reboot the server.
>
> Alternatively, you can restart cced, sendmail & dovecot and that USUALLY
> fixes things up.

Yes, this is related to the CentOS 7.5 YUM updates from upstream.

Identified issues so far:

- YUM update might get stuck on dbus-send
- Email craps out (happned to the list-server as well)
- GUI login no longer possible
- DNS might bugger out

If you have issues, then like Chris said: A reboot will most like fix it.

If you rebooted and *still* can't login to the GUI? In that case do a
"yum clean all" and "yum update", which will fetch an updated CCE from
the repositories which bends your /etc/pam.d/ files back into shape.
I've had two servers where they were messed up, so I rolled out this update.