[BlueOnyx:22046] Solved 5109 virtual dbusmessage Annoying : Error getting authority: Error initializing authority: Could not connect: Connection refused (g-io-error-quark, 39)

Rodrigo Ordoñez Licona rordonez at xnet.com.mx
Sat May 12 15:34:09 -05 2018

Hi,

We had a hard time tracking this down to a recent update, so wanted to share

For people receiving strange message restarting services
[root at maria2 mailman]# systemctl restart mailman.service
Error getting authority: Error initializing authority: Could not connect:
Connection refused (g-io-error-quark, 39)

#The services infact did restart
#The culprit in our case was system-logind service
#with this command
systemctl list-units
#we fould out that this service failed
* systemd-logind.service                                       loaded failed
failed    Login Service

#Turns out after the update the directory run moved from /var/run to /run

To fix this we executed this command on a virtual 5209
**Use at your own risk, we just wanted to share our finding.
mv /var/run /var/run_old
reboot

After reboot systemd service ran ok
And everything went back to normal
#In our case network.service is always in a failed state

Hth
Rodrigo Ordoñez