[BlueOnyx:22061] Re: Encrypted FTP

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Tue May 15 07:50:20 -05 2018

Hi Chris,

> I know of plenty of users running OwnCloud for this sort of purpose.
> Though Project Send is possibly a lighter-weight option...
>
> Users are going to ask themselves (and it may be reasonable for you to ask
> them) about what compromises they're willing to take on to gain /
> maintain compliance.   Provide a hostname that reveals their service
> provider?  Pay for a certificate and implementation of file-sharing software?
> Something else?

Thanks for your comments.

We already use OwnCloud ourselves and it works well. Especially being cross-platform (I use it on Mac and Windows).
I have just setup ProjectSend on a VPS and that really does seem a good option. Tested with a client and they liked it.
Lightweight is good where clients are concerned!

ProjectSend looks very similar in structure to Wordpress and would probably be quite an easy port for Michael to add to his portfolio of webapps. 😊

All the best

Colin