[BlueOnyx:22063] Re: Encrypted FTP

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Tue May 15 09:44:13 -05 2018

Hi Michael,

> Hi Colin,
>
> My suggestion would also have been OwnCloud, as you can encrypt the files it
> stores and it can easily create password protected shares that even have an
> expiry date.

We advise clients to zip and password protect before uploading and you can set an expiry on the upload in PS.
None of this stuff is super sensitive anyway, but under GDPR everybody is having to at least show 'best effort' even with just a list of email addresses!

> > ProjectSend looks very similar in structure to Wordpress and would
> > probably be quite an easy port for Michael to add to his portfolio of
> > webapps. 😊
>
> Sounds good. I'll look into it.

I think you would find it a doddle to implement (as I said, pretty much the same as WP)and it is really easy for non IT literate people (and we have a lot of those!).
If they can use eBay they can use this. 😉

All the best

Colin