[BlueOnyx:22088] Re: nginx issue (another one)

Maurice de Laat mdlaat at muisnetwerken.nl
Sun May 20 09:35:54 -05 2018

Hi Michael,

On 09-05-18 22:08, Maurice de Laat wrote:
> But, is that also a solution for the situation that a visitor is
> allowed or denied access by statements in a .htaccess like these:
> <FilesMatch wp-login.php>
> Order Deny,Allow
> Deny from All
> Allow from a.b.c.d
> </FilesMatch>

I am still struggling with this.

On a yum updated server:

- Apache logging in access_log is correct and logs the real ip of the
visitor, but error_log does not and logs the ip of nginx.

- websites with a access restriction based on the clients ipaddress
don't work. The error_log confirms that this is becuase the access
restrictions are being tested against the ipaddress of the nginx proxy.
To correct this, I have to add 3 lines to Apache config:
RemoteIPHeader X-Forwarded-For
RemoteIPInternalProxy a.b.c.d
RemoteIPTrustedProxy a.b.c.d

Kind regards