[BlueOnyx:22092] Re: PHP 7 on 5209R

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon May 21 20:18:06 -05 2018

Hi Herbert,

> Is there a procedure to update PHP to version 7 on BlueOnyx 5209R.

The procedure is to install the PKG(s) from the shop. On 5209R you can
have PHP 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6, 7.0, 7.1 and 7.2 all active at the same
time and can choose for each Vsite what version it should use.

> I tried BlueOnyx Shop solarspeed update but it never worked at all.

What's the problem there?

Get the PKG from the shop. Then in your BlueOnyx go to "Software
Updates" / "BlueOnyx Shop" and "Link a package", enter the shop email
and password you used for the purchase. When that goes through it should
show "PHP" in the list of the linkable packages. Click on the pen icon
to link the PKG to your server.

Then the PKG should show up under "Third Party Software" and you can
install it.

Afterwards go to "Server Management" / "Security" / "PHP Settings" (if
this is a 5209R) and under "PHP versions available for virtual sites:"
move the PHP version you just installed from the right side to the left
to make it available to Vsites.

How to switch a Vsite to a different PHP version: Go to the Vsite in
question and there under "Services" / "Web" select either "suPHP" or
"FPM/FastCGI" and save the settings.

Afterwards the same page will have a pulldown with all the available and
enabled PHP versions and that allows you to switch this Vsite to
whatever PHP version you want to use.

Let me know how far you get with this and we take it from there.