[BlueOnyx:22098] Re: Question about package purchases from BlueOnyx shop

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue May 22 14:04:28 -05 2018

Hi Brent,

> If I purchase the PHP package (for multiple versions on 5209R), is that
> package tied to the specific box on which it's installed?  Or can be
> used on other boxes as well?

One purchase is for one instance of install. So after a purchase you can
link the purchased product(s) to a particular BlueOnyx and can use them
there. However: The installs remain transferable. Means: Once you
uninstall and unlink the purchase you can use it on another server
instead. Just not on two at the same time. However: If you purchase two
or more instances of the same items you already get pretty good
discounts starting with the 2nd item.

The PHP purchase for 5209R gives you access for to all PHP versions
between PHP-5.3 and 7.2 and you can install all of them at the same time
and can decide which Vsite uses what version of PHP.

If you purchase PHP with a one year subscription, then you also get all
PHP updates that are released within that period. You can even have the
GUI update PHP automatically if you wish.

In general this is a pretty good investment as the amount of time that
goes into providing maintained updates for all these PHP versions (and
their tight integration into the BlueOnyx architecture) is hard to
replicate on a manual level.

FWIW: We also offer access to software bundles from the shop via a
monthly subscription basis. These subscriptions can be canceled at any
time and the overall costs of renting versus outright purchase is also
quite favorable.