[BlueOnyx:22106] Re: ownCloud

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu May 24 11:41:11 -05 2018

Hi Richard,

> In a previous thread, ownCloud was recommended as a package to use for
> file sharing. I installed it and it looks good but there is an error.
> “No memory cache has been configured. To enhance your performance please
> configure a memcache if available”.
>
> Is it possible to install a memcache or is this a nice to have but not
> totally necessary?

It's neither critical nor a must have if you use OwnCloud. There are
various forms of caching available to PHP and it also depends on the PHP
version if something is supported or not. Even if you activate Memcache:
It needs to be configured and may have negative impact on other
applications. So generally speaking it's more hassle than it's worth on
any server that needs to cater to a wide range of necessities.