[BlueOnyx:22124] Re: 5209R cannot change nameserver settings in tcp/ip (solved)

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue May 29 16:41:54 -05 2018

Hi all,

> This will require some intricate fiddling to fix. I'll get on to it, but
> I might need a day or two to fix this.

I just published updated base-alpine and base-network RPMs for 5209R
which (mostly) solve this issue for now.

There is a usage case that the current solution doesn't cover:

What if you change the primary IP of the server to something else using
the GUI? Where do we redirect to once everything is said and done?

To the hostname? Whose DNS might still have the old IP that is now no
longer in use?

To the new IP address? In that case the GUI will log you out, as your
browser won't have session cookies for the GUI for that IP yet.

While the GUI will save your changes just fine you then might end up
with a browser session that no longer connects to where the servers GUI
is now reachable.

But for now the current change will work fine in all other cases.