[BlueOnyx:22489] Re: Backscatter problem

Ken Hohhof khohhof at kwom.com
Tue Nov 13 16:23:46 -05 2018

And plain email newsletters are outdated.

Mailing services can send an HTML version with a headline and 1-2 lines of
text for each article, click on the ones that interest you to open the whole
article.  I am subscribed to a newsletter from HowToGeek.com and that's how
they do it.  And in addition to managing unsubscribes and bounces for you,
they can provide analytics, so you know which articles are getting read, who
is reading them and when.

Even a nonprofit or government organization shouldn't be sending out emails
that look like they came from 1998.  Unless they don't really care if people
read them.