[BlueOnyx:22438] Re: LetsEncrypt Automatic Renewals

Meaulnes Legler @ MailList bluelist at waveweb.ch
Sat Oct 13 02:39:28 -05 2018

yes I have the same problem here on two servers, the certificates expired on October 3rd:

*Invalid Certificate*
*vs.domain.tld*
Issued by: Let's Encrypt Authority X3
Expired: Wednesday, 3 October 2018 at 02:09:35 Central European Summer Time

In the GUI, I went to Server Management > Security > SSL (https://vs.domain.tld:81/ssl/siteSSL) > [ ˆ 'Let's Encrypt!' ], then checkbox [ Request or Renew Certificate ] > Save

That seemed to do the trick, now it displays *Certificate Expiration Date:* January 11 2019

Why it didn't auto renew, dunno, the *Automatic Renewal* checkbox was enabled...

The other problem that emerges again is that the mail server doesn't accept the certificate because it's tied to vs.domain.tld and not to mail.domain.tld (if that's your mail server). Michael explained the infeasibility to solve this... But Let's Encrypt! started to issue wildcard certificates this year, maybe there is a solution there. Until then, one has to accept the security exception from the mail client.

Thank you and best regards

_~_
'¿')
`-´ 	 Meaulnes Legler