[BlueOnyx:22454] Re: Problems with spamassassin *** fixed ***

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Oct 16 06:08:16 -05 2018

Hi all,

I just checked it. So for CentOS 7 (and only that was affected) there
was a new spamassassin RPM in the "updates" repository from upstream.

The changelog of that RPM indicates that it doesn't even contain any
bugfixes or security fixes. Instead it makes changes to the build
process of the spamassassin RPM. Publishing updated RPMs out for that
purpose is pretty ridiculous considering that there are no changes in
the resulting RPM.

But anyway: The RedHat spamassassin RPM is pretty basic and missing a
lot of stuff that we need for the AV-SPAM. The newer "stock"
RedHat/CentOS caused YUM to overwrite ours from the AV-SPAM.

I just rebuild ours and released it as spamassassin-3.4.0-5, which now
(again) has a newer release number than the "stock" spamassassin and
takes precedence during a YUM update.

To fix your 5209R servers run these commands:

yum clean all
yum update

That should install spamassassin-3.4.0-5 and it will also restart
"spamassassin", making the problem go away.

If you feel so inclined you can also restart the entire AV-SPAM
afterwards, but it shouldn't be necessary:

/usr/sausalito/sbin/avspam_init.pl -restart

And then give it about 20 seconds and check its status this way:

/usr/sausalito/sbin/avspam_init.pl -status

If you have any further troubles with this, let us know here on the  ist.