[BlueOnyx:22466] Re: IBM to Acquire Linux Distributor Red Hat for $33.4 Billion

Ken Hohhof khohhof at kwom.com
Tue Oct 30 09:13:08 -05 2018

OK, and pigs will fly.

-----Original Message-----
From: Blueonyx <blueonyx-bounces at mail.blueonyx.it> On Behalf Of Michael
Aronoff
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2018 11:26 PM
To: 'BlueOnyx General Mailing List' <blueonyx at mail.blueonyx.it>
Subject: [BlueOnyx:22464] Re: IBM to Acquire Linux Distributor Red Hat for
$33.4 Billion

Michael wrote:
> Yeah, it's too early to tell what impact (if any) that'll have on us.

A tech writer I like has a bit of a different perspective.
https://www.cringely.com/2018/10/29/red-hat-takes-over-ibm/

For example he thinks it is possible that Red Hat’s Jim Whitehurst gets the
CEO job when the dust settles. If that is the case then the Red Hat culture
could take over and that would be a very good thing.

M Aronoff Out – maronoff at gmail.com

I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have
of it.
  - Thomas Jefferson