[BlueOnyx:22406] Re: Aventurin 6108R and NAS

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Sep 19 20:38:22 -05 2018

Hi Steffan,

> I dont think the client wants tob e offline so long.

Another option is to just mount the storage on the master node under a
new directory. Like /vz2 instead /vz. Then rsync the running VPS from
/vz/private/<vpsid>/ to /vz2/private/<vpsid>/.

Once that's finished, stop the VPS, do a final rsync which will finish
quickly. Then edit /etc/vz/conf/<vpsid>.conf and in there edit these two
lines:

VE_ROOT="/vz/root/$VEID"
VE_PRIVATE="/vz/private/$VEID"

Change the paths to the new location of the VPS:

VE_ROOT="/vz2/root/$VEID"
VE_PRIVATE="/vz2/private/$VEID"

Then start the VPS again and it'll run out off the new location.

> I was looking i fit was possible to ad dit as extra storage to the exsisting vps-en

In the new 6109R (available now, see: https://www.aventurin.net/ ) you
can add an additional "virtual" ploop disk to an existing VPS and can
that way extend its storage. Under 6108R and while using "simfs" instead
of "ploop" that's not really an option.