[BlueOnyx:22858] Re: automatic Let's Encrypt Renewal was did not happen

Brent Epp brent at pdc.ca
Mon Apr 29 09:01:38 -05 2019

I think Dirk might be onto something here.

We had three certs up for renewal last week, all of which were all
subdomains.  They all failed to renew automatically and had to be done
by hand in the GUI.  A cert expiring today was renewed successfully
*without* our intervention, but it was a plain www domain.

For informational / troubleshooting purposes:

The www domain is configured as:
  - host name 'www'
  - domain name 'whatever-domain.com'
  - includes two domain aliases
  - 'Web Alias Redirects' is OFF
  - domain and aliases renewed SSL without error

The subdomains that failed last week:
  - host name is 'whatever-subdomain'
  - domain name is 'whatever-domain.com'
  - is a full vsite (ie.: not using the subdomain feature on an existing
vsite)
  - has no domain aliases

Thanks
  - Brent