[BlueOnyx:23101] Re: Easy Migrate

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Aug 12 11:23:51 -05 2019

Hi Colin,

> Quick question. If we do an initial  migration from a live
> server in order to check that everything comes across
> okay - do we then just do it again when we are ready to go
> live to update databases etc. with current the data before
> taking the old VPS offline?

Correct. When you run Easy-Migrate the second time it will sync the
already migrated data again. This should be a bit faster, as it only
transfers the changes.

There is one potential catch: The MySQL databases. Easy-Migrate will
dump them again and do a reimport of them on the target server. This
usually works, but I have seen isolated cases where this buggered out.
Not for all databases, but for some. Should that happen to you, use
phpMyAdmin to drop the database(s) in question on the target server and
run Easy-Migrate again.