[BlueOnyx:23161] Re: Redirection and forwarding, needing to redirect to a different server to a different port, can this be done easily?

Roy Urick rurick at usa.net
Fri Aug 23 21:42:32 -05 2019

Sorry for the direct reply, not sure why my mail client decided to reply
to you and not the list. But I digress.

A quick test to verify the carrier would be to plug in a web server,
even if its just a simple IIS or 3rd party server on a laptop directly
to the WAN in place of the firewall  (and set to the WAN address of the
firewall) and see if you can hit it while directly connected to the WAN.
that will rule out your firewall if you can hit the directly connected
test server.

And I feel your pain. The company I work for does CCTV and until the
vendor developed their mobile app, we had to bypass residential blocks
on port 80 by setting the NVR to talk on 81 and teach the customer how
to hit it by adding :81 to the end of the DDNS address to bypass the ISP
block.