[BlueOnyx:23533] Re: GUI Login issue for user admin (5209R)

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Dec 18 21:09:17 -05 2019

Hi Tobias,

> have you ever found out the reason for this problem? I am now facing exactly the same oddity, just with another user, a siteadmin.
Use "passwd <username>" and for testing set a simpler password without
any exotic punctuation. Then try again and it should work.

The password may contain any alphanumeric character plus: !#$%()*+,-.:;=

Anything else will be accepted by the login form, but during the submit
to CCEd the "illegal" characters will be filtered out and that usually
then fails the authentication.