[BlueOnyx:22618] Re: Updates overwrote root cron job file?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Jan 24 09:27:11 -05 2019

Hi Robert,

> I found the /var/spool/cron/root file updated last night and it removed
> a job I had defined in the file. Would that be through updates?

Ah, yes. Sorry about that. The installation of blueonyx-le-acme (the new
Let's Encrypt client) did run a ...

crontab /usr/sausalito/acme/crontab.cron

... in order to set up its cronjob. Usually BlueOnyx didn't set up
cronjobs that way, so I assumed it to be safe. But if you had previously
set up cronjobs manually via the crontab command, then it would wipe
your cronjobs.

> If so, what is the best way to setup custom cron jobs?

Keep doing it the same way. I'll update the RPM to not replace custom
cronjobs but to do a merge instead.