[BlueOnyx:22655] Re: LE autorenew still in /etc/cron.daily

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Jan 29 15:25:20 -05 2019

Hi Brent,

> I received an email notice from my server that a couple of SSL renewals
> had failed.  I just checked, the certs are renewed and good.  I think
> the email originated from the old LE renewal script, which I see is
> still present in /etc/cron.daily
>
> Does the old LE script need to be deactivated or removed?
That script is still supposed to be there. It also runs and checks if an
LE cert needs to be renewed. It also ties into Active Monitor to war you
about renewal failures, which the new ACME related cronjob doesn't do.

However, both cronjobs run at different times.

So it can be that you get an AM warning by email, but somewhat
afterwards ACME runs and does the renewals. So by the time you check
it's already all good.

Give it a few days and it'll settle. There is at least one more base-ssl
update that I'm currently working on and it deals with PHP-FPM related
issues during renewals.