[BlueOnyx:22659] Newlinq Package Version Numbers

Greg Kuhnert gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au
Wed Jan 30 18:22:50 -05 2019

Hi Team

Recently, Felix wrote to me about Owncloud. The last vendor published version was 10.0.10, but only 10.0.9 was showing to Felix in Newlinq. We had actually created a 10.0.10 package, but it was not showing up. Let me explain the problem I was dealing with

For Owncloud, the version number went from 10.0.9, and then 10.0.10 …. Newlinq uses a mysql function to find max(Version) … However, according to mysql, 9 is bigger than 10. (It is a string sort). In the past, I manually tweaked the database to replace 10.0.9 with 10.0.09…. which fixed it for that package, but then another package will have the same problem later.

So. Today, I wrote my own user defined function that splits apart the version numbers into components, and sorts correctly. This SHOULD now give you the appropriate max version you are entitled to (based on purchase date).

My request to everyone - Please check the packages available to you today, and please report any errors or concerns to me via a support ticket.

Regards,
Greg.