[BlueOnyx:23011] Re: Server administrators

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Jul 22 10:53:10 -05 2019

Hi Robert,

>>> No, that shouldn't happen. Which GUI page is that and as which user to
>>> you try to access it?
>>>

>> The error appears directly after login, it immediately goes to this URL:
>>
>> https://eti.webtent.net:81/gui/Forbidden403
>>
>> I just created another server administrator and the same thing happens
>> on login. I am enabling shell access and virtual site management with
>> default additional rights.
>>

> Bump. This is still happening. Is there any way for a server
> administrator account to login?

What I asked above was: Does this happen when you start at the naked URL
of the primary login page, which is this:

https://eti.webtent.net:81/login

Because it sure *will* happen if the URL looks something like this ..

https://eti.webtent.net:81/expired/true/target/swupdate/news

... where the path has /expired/true/ in it and a redirect marker for a
page to which the extra admin doesn't have access to. In that case the
login will succeed, but when redirecting to something like
/swupdates/news/ (a page to which the extra-admin doesn't have access
to) you *will* see the "Forbidden" notice on the landing page.

Please try it again at https://eti.webtent.net:81/login and let me know
if the login works as expected or you're again seeing "Forbidden".