[BlueOnyx:23014] Re: Secondary IP / 5209R

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Jul 22 12:54:56 -05 2019

Hi Don,

> Where did the option to add a secondary IP (or more) address go?
>
> I'm looking in System Settings -> TCP/IP and I have the primary IP
> (kinda obvious, right?) but no option anywhere to add a secondary.
> Doesn't appear on the TCP/IP settings page, nor on any other sub-menu.

Go to "Server Management" / "System Settings" and there to "IP Address
Allocation".

See if the checkbox "Enabled" is ticked.

If it is NOT ticked, then you can simply create a new Vsite with any IP
you want and the network settings will be adjusted accordingly. Your
server will then listen to the primary IP as well as any other IP that
has been assigned to individual Vsites.

If the checkbox IS ticked, then you first need to add an "Acceptable
Range" that includes the IP address you want to add.

The "IP Address Allocation" also allows you to limit "Server
Administrators" with the "Virtial Site Administration (Reseller)" Vsite
management capability to only create new Vsites on a certain IP or
certain IP address range for which they have permission.