[BlueOnyx:23053] Re: HP ProLiant DL380 G5 4 gig Ram and 6 hard drives

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Wed Jul 31 15:36:25 -05 2019

Hi Franklin,

On 7/31/2019 3:12 PM, Franklin Werren wrote:
> Since BlueOnyx with CentOS and the bare bones CentOS did not work, Blue Onyx Scientific Linux
> Is installing just fine. I think the support or there is a bug in CentOS 7.6 pertaining to my server.... I’ll report back later!!!!

Actually, this likely is not a bug.    The server you're working with
was retired by the manufacturer in November 2009 and all support for the
systems ceased 5 years later in November 2014.  So now it's almost a
full 10 years since the server was retired. Given the fact that HP used
some pretty specific RAID controllers, I think it's more likely that
support for the required drivers has dropped off between RHEL6 and
RHEL7.   In fact, a quick search on Red Hat's site confirms this:
https://access.redhat.com/solutions/874443

Using a more recent server, or one that is better supported by the
kernel, will improve your results.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services