[BlueOnyx:22757] Re: invalid cert letsencrypt - fixed

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Mar 5 13:25:34 -05 2019

Hi all,

Ok, so Let's Encrypt via ACME still wasn't working right on 5207R/5208R
and I now found the issue:

Apparently the acme.sh client had been auto-upgraded to v2.8.1 for some
of you. Which overwrote the changes that I had made to the acme.sh
script that ships with BlueOnyx. In particular these changes chmod the
verification files to 644 permissions to make them readable.

When the auto-upgrade of acme.sh to v2.8.1 happened for you, then this
change got dropped and the problem appeared again.

I just built a new blueonyx-le-acme RPM for 5207R/5208R that rolls back
acme.sh to a good version and which also now sets the flag
"--auto-upgrade 0" in order to prevent automatic client updates.

That should fix it.

Interestingly this problem doesn't exist on 5209R and the verification
files are automatically created with the correct permissions.