[BlueOnyx:22761] Re: Any News About Implementing DNSSEC

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Mar 8 17:22:10 -05 2019

Hi Thomas,

> Any news about DNSSEC  ?

I've looked at it, but the development of 5210R takes precedence. So
it's not on the list of immediately planned features.

In the longer haul I'm also considering to add PowerDNS support to
BlueOnyx (see: https://www.powerdns.com/ ). That would make it fairly
easy to implement DNSSEC, as PowerDNS supports it out of the box.

In fact: I've been running PowerDNS myself for years and I know clients
who run PowerDNS that are now also making the transition to implement
DNSSEC.

Another benefit of PowerDNS is that it's more flexible in the way it
stores the DNS data. It can use Bind zone files as well as an SQL
backend and other means. Preferred method seems to be SQL.