[BlueOnyx:22781] Re: PHP-7.3 issues

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Mar 17 23:05:14 -05 2019

Hi all,

>> But is it just me, or is 7.3.2 missing Class ZipArchive?
>
> Yes, for now Zip-Support has been removed from PHP-7.3 as I cannot get
> it to build with that:
>
> [root at 5209r php-7.3.2]# ./configure --enable-zip [...]
> [...]
> checking for libzip... configure: error: system libzip must be upgraded
> to version >= 0.11

I'd like to post an update on this. As you might have seen, PHP-7.3.3
has been released last week and I spent the weekend trying to build a
version that includes Zip-support again.

As I had outlined in the previous message: In order to include
Zip-support again in PHP we need a libzip that is newer than the one
that CentOS 7 provides. Yet we cannot outright replace the onboard
libzip without causing other things to break that are compiled against it.

I evaluated various libzip RPMs from third party sources and none would
do. Therefore I rolled up "solarspeed-libzip" myself. It contains the
latest libzip-1.5.2 and installs into /home/solarspeed/libzip/

Yet PHP-7.3.3 didn't really want to compile against it and I spent most
of Sunday trying out different compile options, configure- and Makefile
tweaks. I just managed to get PHP-7.3.3 with Zip-support built for
CentOS 7 and it should show up on NewLinQ Monday or Tuesday after some
additional testing.