[BlueOnyx:22869] CERTINFO missing from our curl

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Fri May 3 12:36:34 -05 2019

Note, this applies to any platform running on Enterprise Linux 7
(RHEL-based) systems such as CentOS.

We have an application that requires certinfo to be available on curl,
but our version lacks this.   Therefore, the application is failing.
It's a fairly critical piece and we'd like to keep it on a BlueOnyx
server.  Any suggestions for quickly working in a fully-functioning curl
in such a manner that won't break things going forward?   I note that
cPanel's curl is an older version, but does include the certinfo tool.
I suppose one option would be to manually remove the stock rpm from the
BX box and copy over the cPanel one.  Not sure if that will lead to
future conflicts.

Thanks!

--
Chris Gebhardt