[BlueOnyx:22879] Re: 5209R - can't create users

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun May 5 12:56:27 -05 2019

Hi Colin,

> Has anybody any ideas?
>
>     I can’t create users on a new 5209R VPS that I have migrated to from 5208R.
>
>     GUI shows UNKNOWN ERROR DURING CREATE
>
>     Message log shows CREATE User failed (-7)
>
>     Quotas are all good.
I just checked and you had a slightly corrupted CODB index:

[root at neptune ~]# /root/oid.sh
1-673
/usr/sausalito/codb/codb.oids reports:
1-644

Means:

Your CODB was using OIDS 1-673, but the CODB index said only 1-644 were
used.

When you created a user, CODB looked at the index and deducted that 645
would be the first free OID number to use for storing the data of the
new user. But when trying to create OID 645 it realized: "Oh buggers,
it's already in usage!"

That's what causes the "UNKNOWN ERROR DURING CREATE".

I just fixed the index in /usr/sausalito/codb/codb.oids and could create
(and then delete) a user. So it should be all good now.