[BlueOnyx:22890] ban e-mails from *.icu domains

Meaulnes Legler @ MailList bluelist at waveweb.ch
Thu May 9 02:24:17 -05 2019

hello

lately the Mail Delivery Subsystem gets flooded with e-mails sent to none existing addresses, all ending in .icu

>  ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
> <dimension at stylegive.icu>
>     (reason: 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try)

cat /var/log/maillog | grep "\.icu" lists a plethora of domains all ending in «.icu»

a good practice I use to ban recurrent e-mail servers sending their junk is to add their domain address in the GUI in the list at
Server Management > Email > Advanced > Block Email From Hosts/Domains

this works quite fine since entering for instance «autobiz.com» bans also «campaigns-autobiz.com» as also «sales-autobiz.com».

But I can't enter a regular expression like *\.icu or [a-z]\.icu

Any ideas how I can ban all .icu domains?

Thank you and best regards

_⌢_  Meaulnes Legler
'¿') Zurich, Switzerland.
`-´  +41¦0 44 260-1660 fax:-1661