[BlueOnyx:23416] Re: /etc/mail/aliases and %reserved

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Nov 6 21:15:41 -05 2019

Hi Tomohiro Hosaka,

> I noticed that the mail sent to user "info" has arrived at postmaster.
> info at vsite.com -> postmaster
>
> % ack -C 10  info /etc/mail/aliases | perl -nlpe 's/^/\t/'
>         newsadmin:      news
>         usenet:         news
>         ftpadm:         ftp
>         ftpadmin:       ftp
>         ftp-adm:        ftp
>         ftp-admin:      ftp
>         www:            webmaster
>         noc:            root
>         security:       root
>         hostmaster:     root
>         info:           postmaster

Yes. This is correct. The base OS already has certain aliases in place
and BlueOnyx modifies these a bit during installation.

>From what I recall from EL6 I think "info" is an OS supplied alias.

If you have "info" as a username or want to use it as an alias, then
simply edit /etc/mail/aliases and remove the offending line. Then run
"newaliases" and you should be good to go.