[BlueOnyx:23442] Re: LetsEncrypt failing with ACME v1 error

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Nov 13 10:53:15 -05 2019

Hi Lee,

> When trying to setup a new LetsEncrypt cert on the admin
> login for a 5209R server, I'm getting a failure stating
> that the ACME client is a v1, not a v2:

Thank you for reporting this. I just checked and can see that 5207R,
5208R and 5209R needed an updated ACME.sh client.

5210R is already fine, as it already uses a newer ACME.sh client.

I just published an updated "blueonyx-le-acme" for 5209R and it is now
available via YUM. Please do a "yum clean all" and "yum update" to get it.

Here is what had happened:

The problem affects any 5207R/5208R/5209R that never used Let's Encrypt
before and therefore doesn't have an /usr/sausalito/acmeaccount.key file
yet. The older ACME client v2.8.0 would only use ACME protocol V1 for
account registration, which now has been deprecated. If that file was
already present, then new cert creations and renewals would still work,
as even the older ACME client uses the V2 protocol for anything but
account creation.

The just released "blueonyx-le-acme" for BlueOnyx 5209R uses ACME.sh
v2.8.4, which is the latest version. I'll now build that for 5207R/5208R
as well and updates for those should become available within the next
two hours.