[BlueOnyx:23480] Re: 5209R mail issue

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Nov 18 14:42:00 -05 2019

Hi Larry,

> having an issue suddenly today with a 5209R (build 20191117).
> Server has been working fine for several days but after last
> nights updates is delivering mail to users mbox instead of the
> configured Maildir setup (which was working).
>
> Any clues on where to look to resolve this before I get tar and feathered?
>
> (my changes to /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-mail.conf still appear to be there
> and my changes to /etc/mail/sendmail.mc (enabling procmail) are still
> there.)

In order to enable MailDir you probably made some changes to
/etc/procmailrc as well. Last nights update must have rolled them back.

This is the default there:

[root at 5209r]# cat /etc/procmailrc

ORGMAIL=$HOME/mbox

DEFAULT=$ORGMAIL

By the way: procmail is always enabled. No need to make changes for that
in sendmail.mc.