[BlueOnyx:23492] Re: Imap port

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Nov 19 18:43:02 -05 2019

Hi Kasey,

> I have a server with ImapS enabled and they need it to respond to port 993
>
> Is this the default or is there something that could be changed
>
> SSL works on port 143 in testing but they say they can’t use that port
> for the program

Under "Server Management" / "Network Services" / "Email" you have four
checkboxes which configure Dovecot to enable POP3, IMAP, POP3S and IMAPS.

Perhaps you haven't enabled the respective checkboxes there?

IMAP is handled on 143 and IMAPS on 993.
POP3 is handled on 110 and POP3S on 995.

As it's the same daemon listening to these ports it is in fact possible
to use IMAP with TLS on port 143, although in reality you should point
the client to the default port of 993 instead.