[BlueOnyx:23381] Re: 5210R: inital setup after each (?) login

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Oct 19 10:28:46 -05 2019

Hi Maurice,

> Testing 5210R manual install.
>
> It seems that almost every time I login as root on ssh, or at least
> after every boot once, I get the screen "Team BlueOnyx Presents -
> Network Reconfigure" and it wants me to configure ip4/ip6, after which
> it does the 5210R initial setup, running CCE constructors etc.
>
> What is triggering this?

The run-once setup script /usr/sausalito/scripts/initServices.sh is
setting that up. During install a symlink is created that links this
script and others to a place from where they are executed once and then
the symlink is removed.

When you run /root/network_service.sh and exit it normally at the end of
the setup it modifies /etc/issue and /root/.bashrc to remove the entry
from /etc/issue that inform you to login as "admin" with password
"blueonyx" and the entry from /root/.bashrc that auto-executes
/root/network_settings.sh on login of user "root".