[BlueOnyx:23402] Re: 5210 - Error setting user SSH

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Oct 26 23:10:06 -05 2019

Hi Don,

> Go to enable shell, more specifically to test out the jail ssh. When I
> try to install, I get this error.
> Ideas?
>
>  cced(smd)[13799]: handler handlers/base/shell/vsite_shell.pl failed
>  cced(smd)[13799]: client 6:[49:3427]: SET failed

Could you please open /usr/sausalito/handlers/base/shell/vsite_shell.pl
in an editor an find this line?

$DEBUG = "0";

Set it to this and save:

$DEBUG = "1";

Then toggle shell off for that Vsite, save and then set it back to one
of the chrooted options and save.

The logfile /var/log/messages will then have much more detailed
information about what went on. With that info I can then identify the
problem for you.