[BlueOnyx:23167] Re: dovecot CVE-2019-11500

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Sep 1 03:26:44 -05 2019

Hi Christoph,

> Just a little heads-up as I didn't see this mentionned here, there seems
> to be a new vulnerability in dovecot:
>
> https://access.redhat.com/security/cve/cve-2019-11500
>
> https://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot-news/2019-August/000418.html

Thank you. This is indeed new and needs my attention. I'll roll out
updated Dovecot RPMs as soon as I can. As we might want to go directly
from 2.2.30 to 2.3.7.2 it'll be a bit more complicated than usual, though.

The RedHat announcement is interesting. Even though RHEL6 isn't EOL yet
(until third quarter 2020) they say "Out of support scope" for this
vulnerability? If I were a paying customer I'd be less than exited at
that. :p