[BlueOnyx:23169] Re: error 1364

Greggk greggk at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 00:25:26 -05 2019

> I was trying to add a user today on phpMyAdmin on a 5209 BO and I have
> been getting this error. #1364 - Field 'ssl_cipher' doesn't have a
> default value
> As far as 2 months ago I believe this was working because I was able to
> add a user then.
> What could be causing the problem, and what can I do to solve it?

Which phpMyAdmin is that? The one that comes with BlueOnyx 5209R
(available under "Programs" / "phpMyAdmin") or one installed as WebApp
via NewLinQ?

If it is the built in one, then please check which version of phpMyAdmin
you have installed:

I was able to create a user via command line, and after that work with it
on phpmyadmin.

Strange

So this issue was never fixed.  I am able to create a user via command
line, but can't create one via phpMyAdmin.  It keeps giving me the error

#1364 - Field 'ssl_cipher' doesn't have a default value

I have verified that the phpMyAdmin is the correct version.  I even
uninstalled it, and reinstalled it.  I have run mysql_upgrade just to make
sure.  I could continue creating users via commandline but it's a litte
inconvenient at times.  Any other ideas as to how to fix this error?

Thanks,

Gregg