[BlueOnyx:23174] Re: 5209R - time

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Sep 3 10:33:58 -05 2019

Hi Colin,

> Doesn't stick - jumped back to UTC (so an hour behind).

Yeah, I looked at it and it's a long topic. Basically we have to set
'Europe/London' and not 'UTC' for you. And that's a timeZone we don't
have in the GUI.

To add it to the GUI is highly uncomfortable, because I need to make
edits in the GUI modules base-alpine, base-time and base-wizard. For
5207R/5208R/5209R/5210R as well as for 6108R and 6109R. So ... it's a
bit of work.

But ... it's mostly done now. I just published the updates for BlueOnyx
5207R, 5208R, 5209R and 5210R. The Aventurin{e} YUM updates will follow
in a moment.

So please do a "yum clean all" and a "yum update" and in the TimeZone
pulldown you will see a small difference around here:

(UTC +0:00) Greenwich Mean Time : Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London
(GMT +0:00) British Summer Time : Dublin, Edinburgh, Liverpool, London

The old "(GMT +0:00)" has been renamed to "(UTC +0:00) Greenwich Mean
Time" and sets /etc/localtime to UTC now.

The line below where it says "(GMT +0:00) British Summer Time" now
correctly links it to /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/London instead.

And that change should stick. I did a CCEd restart and a reboot as well
and both times it came up just fine without flipping the timezone.