[BlueOnyx:23188] Easy Migrate Prep - Shop Packages

Philip Hamer phil at hamer.cx
Tue Sep 10 03:42:27 -05 2019

Good morning.

I am going to start testing Easy Migrate soon to try and keep a
redundant backup of our 5209R VM.
We had some issues with our server again this week, a redundant box I
can switch to would help.
Starting to read through the guide:-

"Before you get started please use the GUI on both source and target
server and make sure that the target server has the same shop PKGs and
Web Applications installed that the source server has"

Would cloning our 5209R VM be acceptable for licensing for the shop
packages rather than buying them twice?
The cloned VM will be running 24/7 on ESXi (but not serving files ie not
on line to the internet), but being able to just change pFSense to point
to another box would dramatically reduce down time for me. So only one
server in use at a time.

Kind Regards
Philip Hamer
PW Maintenance