[BlueOnyx:23196] Re: proftpd-messages error

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Sep 11 12:48:20 -05 2019

Hi Richard,

> We have 2 servers doing this one is 5208 and the other is 5209 how do I
> fix this?
>
> --------------------- proftpd-messages Begin ------------------------
>  **Unmatched Entries**
>  - ROOT PRIVS: unable to setegid(): Operation not permitted
>  - RELINQUISH PRIVS: unable to seteuid(PR_ROOT_UID): Operation not permitted
>  - ROOT PRIVS: unable to seteuid(): Operation not permitted
>  - ROOT PRIVS: unable to setegid(): Operation not permitted
>  - client sent HTTP command 'GET', disconnecting
>  - client sent HTTP command 'GET', disconnecting

This is only a real issue on 5207R/5208R. For those two I just released
proftpd-1.3.7-RC2 as YUM updates. Please do a "yum clean all" and "yum
update" to get it.

On 5209R you may see the "seteuid()" and "setegid()" in the logs if
someone tries to login, but has FTP access disabled. Like on a Vsite
where only siteAdmin is allowed to FTP, but a user tries to login. The
login succeeds, but the .ftpaccess file in his directory then denies all
commands.