[BlueOnyx:23225] Re: 5209R related: CentOS 7.7 has been released

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Sep 17 13:42:01 -05 2019

Hi Richard,

>  service mysqld start
> Redirecting to /bin/systemctl start mysqld.service
> Failed to start mysqld.service: Unit not found.
I had to extinguish a few fires of my own first. My PDNS servers were
failing after the 7.7 update. And as I generally have a short TTL (900
seconds) this would have taken everything offline rather quickly. That's
now sorted.

I'm logged in to your stuff and am checking. The 7.7 update collided
with your MariaDB 10.4 update.

It somehow installed an incompatible Systemd Unit file and removed some
binaries and libraries related to MariaDB 10.4.

Am trying to fix that now. On Spottedbrass MariaDB is running again. If
you have similar issues on other CTs, then please uninstall/reinstall
the MariaDB PKG and that will solve it.