[BlueOnyx:23260] Re: Bug in todays update of base-ssl-glue

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Sep 24 03:54:59 -05 2019

Hi Tobias,

> "Syntax error on line 7 of /etc/httpd/conf.d/acme_sh.conf:
>
> Invalid command '<IfVersion', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module
> not included in the server configuration".
>
> As there is an apache 2.2 installed on the system (5208R) I commented
> out the lines not needed and started apache again.

I just checked and although base-ssl was updated three days ago that
change didn't make any modifications to acme_sh.conf. In fact that file
has been unchanged for the last eight months:

https://devel.blueonyx.it/trac/browser/BlueOnyx/5207R/ui/base-ssl.mod/glue/httpd/acme_sh.conf

However: The IfVersion checks are indeed a bit problematic on Apache 2.2
and I've recently run into cases where certain Apache configurations
would not run with it at all.

To play it safe I just rolled up and published another base-ssl for
5207R/5208R which removes the IfVersion checks and just uses Apache 2.2
provisions.