[BlueOnyx:23789] Docker

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Wed Apr 15 09:40:57 -05 2020

I have installed docker on a 5209R CT (on 6109R Aventurin{e} node).
All running but my Debian docker container is a bit flaky -- sometimes I lose network connection and have to reboot the container etc.

I noticed that the 6109R node has docker installed by default.

Comparing versions it seems the version on 6109R is newer (Docker version 19.03.8, build afacb8b) compared to the version on my 5209R CT (Docker version 18.06.1-ce, build e68fc7a).

Bearing in mind the warnings on Blueonyx.it FAQs:

"Docker doesn't run well under OpenVZ. It doesn't run at all in a Container on OpenVZ 6 (kernel too old) and on OpenVZ 7 Containers the version delivered out of the BlueOnyx YUM repositories works. Newer versions out of the official Docker YUM repository don't work. We also install a YUM repository config file at /etc/yum.repos.d/docker-ce.repo which allows you to update docker-ce against the official Docker YUM repository. By default we disable all repositories in that config file and you have to enable the first repository manually in order to get the latest docker-ce."

I presume updating the docker-ce on my 5209R would be foolish?
I'm just looking at how to improve stability.

I am not very familiar with docker. Any guidance welcome.

Thanks

Colin