[BlueOnyx:23797] Re: 5209R automatic Let's Encrypt renew - webalias redirect turns off and not on again

Dirk Estenfeld dirk.estenfeld at blackpoint.de
Thu Apr 23 01:10:30 -05 2020

Hello, Michael,

yes, I am already aware that it is necessary to deactivate the redirect for the moment of renewal. But if you already disabled it automatically, why don't you enable it again automatically? In my view, that is a mistake.
It can also very easily have a negative effect on the Google listing of a site (duplicate content).
Can you please integrate a check during renewal to see if the "Web Alias redirects" was on and automatically reactivate it after renewal?

Thanks and best regards
Dirk

blackpoint GmbH - Friedberger Straße 106b - 61118 Bad Vilbel