[BlueOnyx:24201] Database problem migrating from 5209R to 5210R

Michael Aronoff maronoff at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 16:41:50 -05 2020

Michael, we had communicated off list about a database problem I had
during a migration from 5209R to 5210R. It looked like the mysql user
table was corrupted but I have now found out that is not the case. It is
actually a problem related to the database releases you have for each
platform.

On the 5209R you have MariaDB 10.3 and 10.4 available but on the 5210R
there is only the built in 10.3. So it is possible to be doing a
migration where we are moving backwards a MariaDB version.

As part of MariaDB 10.4 the way privileges are stored is changed: From
https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mysqluser-table/
"In MariaDB 10.4 and later, the mysql.global_priv table has replaced the
mysql.user table, and mysql.user is now a view."

Would it be possible to make a 10.4 for 5210R so that this is not a
problem?

Thanks,
M Aronoff Out – maronoff at gmail.com

I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.
   - Thomas Jefferson