[BlueOnyx:24205] Re: Easy Migrate Error

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Aug 23 14:24:47 -05 2020

Hi Michael,

> I submitted a support ticket in the GUI of the server in question but I
> thought I would ask here as well.

Sorry. I didn't get that ticket. Again. :-(

Not sure how or why. Last time this didn't work I overhauled the ticket
system mechanism to make darn sure that either I get a ticket, or you
get an error message.

> I am trying to migrate a 5209R to a 5210R and when I try and use Easy
> Migrate with the following:
> /usr/sausalito/sbin/easy-migrate.pl --source 208.67.253.1 -p 909 --ip
> 208.67.253.2 --vsites www.somedomain.com --nodns
>
> It starts and then I get this error.
>
> [MIGRATION_START] Starting Migration of Vsite www.somedomain.com
> ERROR: Unable to get target Vsite baseline.

In that case please check /var/log/messages. It should tell you why it
failed to create a dummy Vsite in order to get the baseline
configuration. Please let me know what it reported there.