[BlueOnyx:24225] Re: Personal web pages in 5210R

Ernie ernie at info.eis.net.au
Fri Aug 28 04:09:45 -05 2020

Hi Micheal,
so how do I intercept the http://FQDN/~username requests, and force them to
redirect to a subdomain?

I presume I can make a symbolic link to the subdomain folder that they can
still see as the public_html directory they are use to uploading to.

These people are typically using things like Dreamweaver/GoLive and other web creation
apps, which have a URL set for the upload to the server, they don't
necessarily know what they are doing other than page layout for their stuff.

I have tried over the years to get them to use something like Wordpress to
make my life easier, but no takers so far!

- Ernie.