[BlueOnyx:24545] 5209R/5210R: PHP-8.0.0

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Dec 3 03:32:15 -05 2020

Hi all,

A few days ago PHP-8.0.0 has been officially released. I just rolled up
PHP-8.0.0 PKGs for 5209R and 5210R and they are now available on NewLinQ.

Please note:
============

Before you install these PKGs, make sure to run "yum clean all" and "yum
update" to make sure your BlueOnyx is fully updated. Otherwise you won't
be able to use the PHP-8.0.0 PKG.

Until yesterday neither 5209R nor 5210R had provisions for a PHP with
that kind of version number. These posers were apparently in a hurry to
jump straight from 7.4 straight to 8.0. ;-)

As usual with any brand new "zero-series" of PHP: There are plenty of
changes to PHP itself, so don't expect that any old code will work out
of the box on PHP-8.0.0. As of now you should only use it for testing
purpose or if some new code explicitly requires PHP-8.

Likewise: Some gimmicks that are usually included in our PHP builds are
still absent, as the third party providers of these tools haven't
released PHP-8.0 compatible versions of their add-ons yet.

What's missing for now:

- IonCube Loader
- ImageMagick (doesn't compile yet)
- PDFlib
- Mcrypt

In future versions I'll try to add support for these again based on
availability of working add-ons.